White Chicken Chili in the Crock Pot is one of my favorite "all year round crock pot recipes." This chili uses white beans and its up to you what kind you choose, but I highly recommend Bush's Cannellini beans. We also serve ours with sour cream, avocado, and cilantro and another squeeze of lime. It brings a "freshness" to the finished chili and melts in your mouth. If you really want to go to the extreme, you can crumble tortilla chips and make it a White Chicken Chili Meets Tortilla Soup. This also makes a great leftover to take to work for lunch! Enjoy!
White Chicken Chili topped with Avocado
- 4 3/4 cup chicken stock ( I use low sodium)
- 1 medium minced onion (yellow or white)
- 2 cans white cannelleni beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- juice of one lime
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (15 oz) with the juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- If you're looking for extra spice, you can always throw in 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño
- Avocado (diced)
- Cilantro (chopped)
- sour cream
- Mexican cheese (shredded)
- red onion, (diced)
- In your Crock Pot, spray some Pam inside the pot, and add the onion, beans, garlic cumin, chili powder, salt & pepper, diced tomatoes, lime juice, and chicken stock. Basically, everything except for the chicken and stir to combine.
- Place the chicken breasts on the very top and turn on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When done, remove chicken, shred with fork and knife and return back to the pot. Stir to combine everything and taste to see if you need additional seasoning.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado, cheese, diced red onion, cilantro or your favorite chili toppings.