Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Shore to Please

I’m back from the most beautiful beach days that summer could give to us down at the Jersey Shore in Wildwood with some girlfriends!

Since we were all arriving at different times Friday night, we decided to keep it simple with appetizers and drinks. We started with Jodi’s mom’s mozzarella, tomato and basil plate where I found a new balsamic vinegar that I really like (Bellino aceto). We also had homemade Margherita pizza made with Boboli, sliced tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and oregano), my crab dip, Jodi’s parmesan artichoke dip, Marissa’s guacamole, Erica’s buffalo chicken dip, shrimp cocktail, and a fruit and veggie plate! We snacked on these goodies all weekend long...
 

My friend Jodi, who hosted us, introduced us all to the delicious Belmont Skinnygirl Cocktail from
  Bethenny Frankel’s website  and highly recommended! The ingredients are as follows:
  • 4 tablespoons vodka
  • 3 tablespoons club soda
  • 1 tablespoon Peach Schnapps
  • 1 tablespoon orange juice
*Serve on the rocks and if you want to spice it up, garnish with an orange slice!
So, my shopping list for this week is to stock my pantry/fridge/freezer with some new balsamic vinegar, Boboli pizza crust, buffalo mozzarella, and Peach  Schnapps. This way if I have visitors at the house I can whip up a quick homemade pizza and yummy drink!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! These are some of my favorite appetizers. Glad you had a good weekend. Here is one of the lasagnas I make...http://jerseygirlcooks.blogspot.com/2008/06/fathers-day-lasagna.html

    I am sure yours was yummy also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I have so much catch up on my blog..my lasagna/italian night from this previous wednesday and some other goodies from Labor Day weekend! Your lasaganga recipe looks great and will def try it out and let you know how i make out with it

    ReplyDelete