This past Friday night, my girlfriend Lauren and I (if you’re a follower, we both made the lasagna in my blog) decided we were going to stay in to watch the Phillies, drink some wine, and cook! Our theme was Asian cuisine since we did Italian the month prior. Our 3 plates to make were Asian Lettuce Wraps, Lo Mein, and Creole shrimp (now we know that Creole shrimp is not Asian, so it was our wild card, so we threw it in there just to have some type of shrimp dish and this looked too delicious to pass up).
We did change some of the ingredients; you'll see ours listed below and then you can see the actual recipe and they called for...it’s totally up to you!
Asian Lettuce Wraps
· 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
· 1 lb chicken tenderloins cut into small cubes
· 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and finely grated – or you can use ginger powder like we did
· 2 scallions, chopped
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 tablespoons soy sauce
· 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (this makes it very spicccccy, you may want to half it if you are more on the mild side!)
· 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
· 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. frozen uncooked cleaned large shrimp, thawed
1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley