Thursday, October 14, 2010

Garlic Lemon Shrimp and Orzo

After searching high and low for a yummy quick shrimp orzo recipe, I stumbled across this blog and decided to try it out. This was super quick and super delicious. I always ask Ant where it ranks and he said one of my TOP 5 dishes and one of his favorites, so hence I’m posting  and leading you to check out this blog as some of her dishes make you salvate and want to make everything she has on there!


Garlic Lemon Shrimp and Orzo
serves 6
2 cups orzo, cooked al dente and drained




  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cups onions, diced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 lemon, juiced and zested--I didn't have a lemon, but used lemon juice from the fridge instead in case you run into similar scenario and don't want to run out to the store!
  • 1 cup white wine---for the white wine, I chose Sutter Home Sauvignon Blanc as that's what I had on hand
  • salt, to taste
  • pepper, to taste
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2 pounds of shrimp, 21 - 25 count, peeled and deveined
  • 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
  • 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated


In a large saute pan, heat olive oil. Add onions and cook for about 5 - 6 minutes or until they are soft but not brown. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Add the lemon juice, zest, and wine. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and cook for 2 - 3 minutes to meld the flavors together. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Stir in pat of butter until melted.

Add the shrimp and cook until just cooked through, about 4 - 5 minutes. Toss shrimp and sauce with the orzo, parsley and Parmesan. Serve with extra cheese.

2 comments:

  1. So glad this recipe was a hit! It is a favorite with my personal chef clients. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I jsut went through you food posts, yummy! Then saw the loaded potato soup recipe again. i am making soup tonight! You inspire me...the risotto lemon and shimp look good too!

    ReplyDelete