Sunday, January 1, 2012

Delicious December

Christmas in Virginia with my family was beautiful, filled with love, presents, doggies, plenty of wine, and delicious meals on Christmas Eve and night. Christmas day was filled with opening gifts, mom's egg casserole and then feasting on appetizers before dinner with my buffalo chicken dip, chicken artichoke dip, Hickory Farms cheese and sausages, and the cookie plate was also out again.

My brother in law brought his smoker over that night and we ended up making a meat rub with basil, oregano, rosemary, parsley, garlic, and some other components. We rubbed it on 13lbs of meat, and it was so good, just fell off the bone practically with a light smokey flavor. Paired with my moms twice baked potatoes, me and Anthony's new creamed spinach recipe (recipe to follow in my next blog post), and green beans and onions. This was the best Christmas dinner, hands down. After dinner we tried to watch The Hangover, but food coma took over Erin and I. None the less, strict WW diet goes back on starting tomorrow!

Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday and hoping the New Year will bring you new blog worthy dishes and wishes for 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment