This recipe uses a bit of a lighter alredo creamy sauce using cream cheese and milk. I came across the original lasagna recipe from Tasty Tidbits blog and since me and lasagna are still not friends since my pork lasagna roll up trial, I decided to make a casserole dish with this using rigatoni. I made this the night before so it made for a quick dinner to pop in the oven after work last night. Pretty simple and great for leftovers to snack on for next few days...
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
1 can (8 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
1 tablespoon. garlic powder
1/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil, chopped, divided
1 lb. Rigatoni pasta
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine chicken, artichokes, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan and tomatoes.
- Beat cream cheese, milk and garlic powder with mixer until well blended; stir in 2 Tbsp. basil. Mix half with the chicken mixture.
- Meanwhile, boil pot of water, cook the pasta, drain, and set aside.
- Spread half cream cheese mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish
- Mix remaining cream cheese mixture with chicken mixture and pasta,cover with mozzarella; and cover with foil.
- Bake25 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Let stand 5 min. before cutting to serve.