As you know, I love Basil, especially in a pesto. This is a two part recipe and easy enough to make on a weeknight either on your grill or a grill pan on your stove top! First make the salsa, it's a little bit of chopping, so get that out of the way first so you're ready to go...
Tomato Avocado Salsa
- 3 Vine Ripened Tomatoes, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- Basil, chopped
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ TB EVOO
- Dice the tomatoes, onion and avocado and place in a medium bowl.
- Add basil, garlic seasoning, salt and pepper, EVOO. Stir together and set aside in the fride.
Grilled Pesto Shrimp
- 6-8 oz. Basil Pesto (packaged or homemade) *I used Wegman’s pesto from the Olive Bar
- 1 lb fresh medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- garlic seasoning
- 6 wooden skewers
- Combine raw shrimp with pesto and seasoning in a bowl, and marinate a few hours in the fridge. Soak wooden skewers in water at least 20 minutes. Once marinated and ready to grill, thread the shrimp onto 6 skewers (about 5 shrimp per skewer)
- Heat an indoor grill pan (or outside grill, I don’t have one yet at my casa so indoor for me!) over medium-low heat until hot. Be sure the grates are clean and spray lightly with PAM.
- Place the shrimp on the hot grill and cook until shrimp turns pink on the bottom, about 3-4 minutes; turn and continue cooking until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with tomato avocado salsa and rice on the side, enjoy!
Servings: 7 Serving Size: 1 skewer • WW Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 180 • Fat: 8.4 g • Protein: 25.3 g • Carb: 0.4 g • Fiber: 0.2 g • Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 292 mg (without salt)
Source: original recipe adapted from Skinnytaste.com