Also, instead of using diced prosciutto and sautéing prior with onions, you could simply add slices of prosciutto on top of the pizza after the cheese melts, there’s variations to this pizza online, so be creative, whatever makes your mouth happy… Happy Friday!
Prosciutto Arugula Pizza with Fontina and Truffle Oil on Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 ball pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese
- Package of diced prosciutto
- ½ cup of diced yellow onion
- A couple handfuls arugula
- Truffle Oil
- Set the oven to 425 degrees
- Roll out the pizza dough and prepare it on a pizza stone.
- Brush the dough with EVOO and some garlic and Italian seasoning (use any other seasons you like too!)
- Pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes-this will get it nice and crispy and strong enough to hold all the deliciousness that’s about to take over the dough
- In a sauté pan on stove, caramelize onions and diced prosciutto in ½ TB of EVOO. Once browned, remove from heat and set aside
- Remove pizza from oven and top with Fontina cheese, onion, and prosciutto and brush some more garlic/olive oil mixture on the crust. Return to the oven until melted (about 5-7 minutes) and the crust is golden
- Once out of the oven, and pizza is cooling, toss some arugula on top and drizzle with truffle oil. Cover warm pizza with arugula and let wilt for a few minutes and then enjoy this yummy pizza!