Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mighty OJ Juicer


In my recent cooking classes they have been using some hand held juicers and some of the recipes I have tried in the past couple weeks have called for one as well and I don't have one! So since I didn't have one, I improvised and then I finally added it to my registry. The other night while making Peanut Thai chicken in the crock pot, it called for lime juice and I squeezed as hard as I could and then asked Anthony for some assistance. He realized how tough it was to get the juice out. So to my surprise, I came home from work last night and saw a Crate and Barrel gift bag on my kitchen table with a note from Ant. I opened it up and he got me the Mighty OJ Juicer! It's so sleek looking with all chrome parts and kind of mimics the look of a transormer, hehe! At any rate, I was so surprised and so happy and was looking around the house for something to juice, but I came up empty handed. Does anyone have one and/or used it yet? Does anyone have a terrific juice recipe in which I can create something using this juicer this week?

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!

    Have a nice time!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should get one, I had use of a professional one in my cafe a few years ago, and miss it! I grew to love beet, carrot, ginger, and garlic juice with orange...hey I hope we can meet one day! We do a Fall Wine and Grape Stomp festival with music at Amalthea here is the link http://wampp.cookappeal.com/ I organize and hope we see you! John and Lisa' are great aren't they!

    ReplyDelete