I'm approaching my 9th week on Weight Watchers and down a total of 15lbs! I'm super excited and feel great. I've been trying to prepare healthier dishes during the week and that's hard especially working a full time job, taking care of a puppy, and squeezing in the gym! My husband has also been working out and lifting weights, which results in him being hungry often, so my goal is to cook something that provides plenty of leftovers and something that he can grab out of the fridge and feel fulfilled with proteins and vegetables.
We all know I love Paula Deen and I came across her
Asian Chicken and Orzo Salad recipe (don't worry, there's no butter in this!) and made some modifications; I used red onion and chopped tomatoes instead of the water chestnuts, snap peas, and almonds that are in her original recipe... My husband ate this up for 3 days straight and can eat cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Total Time: 30 min
Prep: 10 min
Cook :20 min
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) package orzo, cooked and drained
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 Vine ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- Cook orzo following package directions
- In a large bowl, combine orzo, chicken, green onion, red onion, tomatoes, and red bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce.
- Pour over orzo mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.