I absolutely love baked salmon! There's one recipe I hold close to my heart that I make all the time and is one of me and Ant's favorites, Bulgogi Salmon. I had a nice salmon fillet I had picked up on my lunch break but then realized I was out of some of the ingredients I needed for Bulgogi and didn't have time to stop off at the Asian Market, so I perused some recipes online and came across Maple Salmon. Tastes good already, right? I had all the ingredients at home and so I went for it and now have an absolute go to should I be out of Bulgogi again! I tossed in some Alexia Sweet Potato fries as a side and the maple glaze was also perfect for dipping the fries in. Leftovers go great with a mixed green salad the next day too! Enjoy!
Prep: 10 min, Cook: 20 min, Ready in: 1 hour, Serves: 4
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb salmon (be sure to have good fresh fish, preferred to buy and use that same day)
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper
- Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish and coat with the amply syrup mixture.
- Cover the dish and marinate the salmon in the fridge for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes or until easily flaked with a fork.
(recipe adapted from STARPOWER on www.allrecipes.com )